- 100 grams flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300ml. milk
- Weigh out the flour and the pinch salt and sift them into a bowl
- Mix the egg and the milk in a separate bowl or jug.
- Make a small well in the middle of the flour and salt mixture and slowly pour in about half of the milk and egg mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon mix everything together, slowly incorporating all of the powdered ingredients. Slowly add the rest of the milk and egg, mixing as you go to avoid lumps.
- When everything is combined, you can quick whisk with an electric whisk to add some air to the mixture.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan. When the pan is hot enough, a sprinkle of batter will sizzle when added to the pan. Pour in a generous amount of batter and ensure an even coating.
- Make sure that the pancake is separate from the pan with a spatula.
- When the pancake is evenly cooked through, flip the pancake. With a quick motion in the wrist, flip the pan and catch the pancake as it comes back down again.
- Enjoy your pancake with a selection of toppings from peanut butter to Nutella, bananas, strawberries, cherries, bacon or Maple Syrup! Or be traditionally British and tuck in with some lemon juice and a generous spoonful of sugar.